Networker

Re: [Networker] server too busy for restores...

2009-05-26 16:43:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] server too busy for restores...
From: Andrew Dietz <andrew.dietz AT OIT.GATECH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:39:20 -0400
By design, you can only have one single process read from a aftd RO device at a time, just like you would if you were restoring from tape. If a RO device is already busy staging or cloning to another device, any other process such as a restore would have to wait until the RO device is freed up.

Andrew

Sid Shapiro wrote:
Hello,
This situation has hit us a few times in the last few weeks - quite annoying

We will have backups happening to adv-file devices, including, possibly cloning from the adv-file to tape happening when we need to do a restore. The restore will be coming form the adv_file RO device, but we will still have to "wait" for the device to be come unbusy. Don't know if it is all the threads being taken up, or a locked read-only device.

Does anyone know why we might have to wait for a restore in either of these cases?
Thanks,
/ Sid /