Networker

Re: [Networker] Inventory (NSRJB -I) for one slot, is it feasible??

2009-05-24 05:45:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Inventory (NSRJB -I) for one slot, is it feasible??
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 05:38:21 -0400
On 5/24/09 1:00 AM, Gary07 wrote:
Sorry, I can't understand your question.

How can i check whether the slot is enabled in Jukebox. From nsrjb output i
find that in slot 19, we are not getting any info of the volume, pool etc.

How many slots are you licensed for? How many slots does the jukebox resource say it has? Do you have jukebox auto-cleaning enabled? If you do, what slot is reserved for the cleaning tape? How many slots are in the jukebox?

As it is not recognized during inventory, that's why I'm thinking whether
inventory for only one slot is feasible or not

Yes, you can inventory a single slot with nsrjb -I -S <slot_number>. If networker doesn't think the jukebox should have that slot or there is something wrong with the jukebox so it won't return information about that slot -- inventorying the slot isn't going to work.