Networker

[Networker] Restore Issue NW windows 2k3 / 7.5.1

2009-05-15 15:01:44
Subject: [Networker] Restore Issue NW windows 2k3 / 7.5.1
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:52:50 -0400
Hi, I'm attempting to do a test recovery of a directed windows ss recov
from our Windows NW 7.5.1 server to the original Win2003 server -

Seems I've run up against this old one:
http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/Networker/2009-01/msg00227.html

Except - the answer provided does not work - when I add
"JPRATT@rc2e1s12" to "Remote Access" field on the "ora-dr-test" client,
I still get the:

42506 5/15/2009 1:43:47 PM  nsrd recover info: Failed to run directed
recover from Host: `rc2e1s12' by the User: `JPRATT
' for the Client: `ora-dr-test.norwich.edu', on to Target host:
`ora-dr-test.norwich.edu' using NetWorker server: `rc2e1
s12.norwich.edu'

...  Networker user just sits there on "Recovering files", but nothing
happens, it does not time out or fail and no tape loads, nothing...

Any ideas? I've recyclled the nw services as well, but to no avail.

(I even tried the dreaded *@* in the Remote Access field, and that
didn't work either(?).

I'm only trying to recover the D:\ volume on this client using directed
recover through nw user - if anyone has the cmd line equivs I can test
those, I just don't have time right now to look them up.

(If I cant get it to work, I will call EMC on Monday, but figured I'd
ask here first)...

Thanks!

Jamie