Networker

Re: [Networker] strange recover index issue

2009-05-13 15:32:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] strange recover index issue
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:28:24 +0000
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 02:48:53PM -0400, Francis Swasey wrote:
> >Can you use 'mminfo' to get the savetime (nsavetime) of the /u09 backup
> >and then use 'nsrinfo' to show the filenames that were stored with the
> >saveset?
>
> Yes, I can do that.  But, this filesystem has no files that change, so
> backs up 0B on the daily incrementals -- so looking at last month's full
> this way, I see the correct directories were backed up.

At least if necessary, you should be able to do a saveset recover.
Annoying, but possible.

> EMC's theory is that the fact this was a symbolic link within that three
> month window has caused some problem in the index.  So, they've had me
> change from using "ALL" to itemizing the filesystems for tonight and then
> they want me to change back to using "ALL" tomorrow.

Not sure what that's supposed to do.  ALL just enumerates the
filesystems on the client.  As long as the work list it generates is the
same as one typed in manually, the same save processes are going to
execute.

--
Darren