Networker

Re: [Networker] How to configure to take celerra nfs shares backup

2009-05-12 09:03:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to configure to take celerra nfs shares backup
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 07:54:48 -0500
Hello,
You may need non ndmp devices to backup the index, does the group have no
index checked ? what error do you get if you do normal index checking, i.e
nsrck -L2 or higher with client name ?
Thanks

blrkamal <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
05/12/2009 01:07 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
How to configure to take celerra nfs shares backup

Hi

We didnot configured the ndmp device properly so i was getting that
problem, now its working but restore is not working.

In application iam trying this command which is recommended by emc.

nsrndmp_save -T tar

Backup completes successfully, but when we try to restore, it says no
index found for this client.

regards
kamal

Mikael Sjöberg (IIM) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you filled out Application information?:
>
> A working sample config for NDMP:
>

> In Apps & Modules tab of client config:
>
> Access:
> Remote user: ndmp_user
> Password: passwd
>
> Backup:
> Backup command: nsrndmp_save -T vbb / dump
>
> Ndmp checkbox should be marked.
>
> Application information:
> HIST=y
> UPDATE=y
> SNAPSURE=y
>
> Also try to start backup jobs like XX.10 , XX.15 , The Celerra has
internal database checks every hour.

> Regards
> // Michael

LISTSERV.TEMPLE.EDU] För blrkamal
> Skickat: den 8 maj 2009 11:48
> Till: NETWORKER < at > LISTSERV.TEMPLE.EDU
> Ämne: [Networker] How to configure to take celerra nfs shares backup
>
> we have a celerra NS 40 connected to switch, tape library connected to
switch and backup server is connected to switch. Backup server is able to
view the library in the device manager. In networker we have configured
storage node as backup server and trying to backup celerra, but we are
getting invalid arguments.

> command: nsrndmp_save -M dump
>
> and also tried: nsrndmp_save -T dump
>
> nsrndmp_save -M -T dump
>
> thanks

> |This was sent by kamal < at > 22by7.in via Backup Central.
> |Forward SPAM to abuse < at > backupcentral.com.

|This was sent by kamal AT 22by7 DOT in via Backup Central.

type