Networker

Re: [Networker] Searching with nsradmin

2009-05-07 15:37:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Searching with nsradmin
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 05:29:57 +1000
On 08/05/2009, at 05:04 , A Darren Dunham wrote:

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 02:48:59PM -0400, Italianjoe69 wrote:
I have MANY servers that were created without a directive set and I would like to assign them one in mass. How can I do a search with nsradmin for a blank directive?

Here is what I am using:

nsradmin -s [server]
show name
print type: nsr client; directive: ??? <- What goes here?

Different versions of nsradmin have reacted differently here, but I
would try:

directive: ^$

In order for that to work, you may have to first in nsradmin type:

option regexp on

(or even just "option regexp")

It's not on by default these days. E.g.:

nsradmin> option regexp: on
Regexp display option turned on

Display options:
        Dynamic: Off;
        Hidden: Off;
        Raw I18N: Off;
        Resource ID: Off;
        Regexp: On;
nsradmin> print type: NSR client; directive: ^$
                        name: delphi;
                   directive: ;

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com