Networker

Re: [Networker] Dumb question on a restore

2009-05-06 20:07:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Dumb question on a restore
From: Craig Faller <craigf AT XSIDATA.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 09:54:09 +1000
Check the client definition for the system being recovered, if the
"recover storage node" has not been populated then it will default and
assume it matches the "storage node" attribute. As you mentioned the
backups occur using the storage node, then this would follow this
solution, if the "recover storage node" param was empty.

There is also the "clone storage node" param than could be populated if
you were wanting the staging to occur on the Storage node also, directly
from the Disk to the Tapes.

Note:  if the Disk devices are local to the Storage node as per your
comment on where the backups occur, then performing the staging on the
networker servers tape drives would mean the staging is occurring over
LAN, from the Storage node devices to the Networker servers devices.