Networker

Re: [Networker] Email Configuration for save group completion report

2009-04-27 18:15:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Email Configuration for save group completion report
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:08:36 +1000
On 28/04/2009, at 24:43 , nitinaro wrote:

I m using Networker 7.2, I want to configure an email alert for save group completion reports.

For a start, I'd recommend you upgrade to a supported version of NetWorker. Support for 7.2 was dropped in mid 2008; you're seriously compromising recoverability by continuing to use a server version that you won't get active support on.

Configuring email for the savegroup completion reports is relatively straightforward. Change the action for the "Savegroup Completion" report to a suitable email command; for Unix, this is done by default. For Windows, you may wish to either use the freeware tool 'blat', or use NetWorker's own 'smtpmail' utility.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com