Networker

Re: [Networker] failed entire save set for single file?

2009-04-24 11:27:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] failed entire save set for single file?
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 11:23:26 -0400
You could put in a client definition with the saveset D:\folder and create
a directive for the client with saveset All that skips D:\folder. This
doesn't cure the problem but it will highlight that only that part of the
backup is failing.
Note the savegroup notification is saying that the server failed, the
parts of the backup that were successful are still usable.
Does networker on the client run as a local administrator?

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:22:13 -0500, Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT

wrote:

>I have a save set that is consistently failing like so:
>
>NetWorker savegroup: (alert) Group Name completed, total 3 client(s), 0
>Hostname(s) Unresolved, 1 Failed, 2 Succeeded. (hostname.domain Failed)
>Start time:   Tue Apr 21 18:00:00 2009
>End time:     Tue Apr 21 23:10:17 2009
>
>--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---
>
>* hostname.domain:D:\folder\* 1 retry attempted
>  hostname.domain:D:\folder\*: No full backups of this save set were found
>in the media database; performing a full backup
>* hostname.domain:D:\folder\* save: VSS Snapshot is disabled for
D:\folder\*