Networker

Re: [Networker] MY backup is problem

2009-04-18 07:44:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] MY backup is problem
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 07:36:36 -0400
RPC (Remote Procedure Call) errors are often caused by a failure to
communicate between the server and the client. On the server, make sure you
can ping the client, and make sure the client resolves both forward and
reverse in DNS. Then from the client, make sure you can ping the server and
that the server resolves forward and reverse. If you have a DNS issue, you
can work around it temporarily by updating the appropriate hosts file.

If none of those work, Lam Nguyen's suggestion is good. To do that, use
nsr_render_logs on the daemon.raw file.

Good luck!

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:45:52 -0400, Lam Nguyen <tien.lam.nguyen AT GMAIL DOT