Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup of a storage node fails

2009-04-08 20:19:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup of a storage node fails
From: Craig Faller <craigf AT XSIDATA.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:12:13 +1000
Hey KV, the KEEPALIVE params on a unix/linux system are variables set in
the networker start scripts, but on windows these need to be done at the
registry level, below is an excerpt from an actual emc article..i hope
this helps.

Windows NetWorker server:

1. On the NetWorker server in the registry, set the KeepAliveTime
registry key to 3420000 ms (57 minutes).

Please refer toMicrosoft KB Article 140325 for further details regarding
how to create this registry key.

2. Re-boot the NetWorker server OS in order for the change to become
effective.

To use NSR_KEEPALIVE_WAIT (to prevent the nsrexecd <-> nsrexec
connection dropping)

On the NetWorker client:
1. Right mouse click on My Computer and select Properties
2. Click on the Environment Variables button.
3. Create a new SYSTEM variable
4. In the variable name field enter NSR_KEEPALIVE_WAIT
5. In the variable value field enter a value in seconds which is less
than the timeout value on the firewall for the TCP Start Timeout. (ie if
TCP Start Timeout = 60 seconds, set NSR_KEEPALIVE_WAIT value = 25 secs)