Networker

Re: [Networker] Auto unmount of tapes after savegroup completion

2009-04-03 11:37:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Auto unmount of tapes after savegroup completion
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:31:08 -0500
> Vooris, Josh
>
> I recently completed a migration of one of my NetWorker servers to
> different hardware.  This involved moving my tape library to the new
> server and setting it back up using jbconfig on the new server.  I have
> noticed that now the jukebox does not automatically unmount tapes
> following a savegroup completion like it did on the old server.  Is
> there a setting that I might have missed that will restore this
> functionality?

Just curious (and maybe I'm naive on this?), but why is there any
advantage in unmounting them? They'll just have to be reloaded for the
next backup, unless you're pulling them immediately after backups
complete. I've never done anything specific in jb setup to force
unmounting or not, and ours have always remained mounted after things
complete.