Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows Server 2008 with 7.4 SP4 - VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\

2009-04-03 09:06:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows Server 2008 with 7.4 SP4 - VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 07:53:02 -0500
Hello,
Is there a file scan or virus scanner type of program running on the
server daily, that could change the archive bit of the client every day ?
which files are backed up, have you tried restoring them to check, if they
indeed changed or not ?
What is the total size on the server file system, which windows partition
are this file on ?also, look into the patch mentioned below.
Thanks

Mike Borkowski <mikeb AT UWATERLOO DOT CA>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
04/02/2009 05:01 PM
Please respond to
mikeb AT UWATERLOO DOT CA

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Windows Server 2008 with 7.4 SP4 - VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\

We've seen > 200GB "VSS SYSTEM FILESET"'s.  After working with EMC for
eight months they came out with a 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 fix.  The fix was
LGTsc20343.  Our saveset's are now under 1GB :-)

---
mike

Mark Davis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am just starting to backup Windows Server 2008 systems using Networker

> 7.4 SP4. The Save set: is "All". When doing incremental backups, even
> with no activity on the host between backups, I always get a HUGE
> saveset for the VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\.
>
> server.name.ca: VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ level=full, 11 GB 01:10:01  73151
files

> Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a workaround? Getting 11 GB
> of data on every incremental backup really adds up over time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

type