Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape Labelling Issue

2009-03-31 00:45:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape Labelling Issue
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:37:08 +1100
On 31/03/2009, at 01:44 , tkutil wrote:

I have not been able to label more than 2 tapes at a time for a while now and have just been living with the problem. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem before. I cannot attribute this problem to any significant change in the system since it existed before my latest upgrade to 7.5

If I select more than 2 tapes in the gui to label the 3rd tape will always fail and it almost looks as though Networker thinks the 3rd tape label already exists, but from the error it also looks like Networker did not increment the tape label number. The error below shows this. Daily.0212 was the 2nd successful tape to be labeled and should have labeled the 3rd tape as Daily.0213.

In a previous version of NetWorker this could be avoided by labeling from the command line; it was a bug in NMC.

Looks like it's meant to be fixed in 7.5.1.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com