Networker

Re: [Networker] Force Networker to trust barcode label?

2009-03-30 11:22:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Force Networker to trust barcode label?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:17:59 -0500
> Browning, David
>
> If you have updated a location with say "offsite -xxxx", and then put it
> in the machine to inventory, it will force the verification.   We have
> to run around and remove the offsite location when it's time to re-use
> the tape.   Either that, or wait 30 minutes while the library loads and
> unloads each tape.
>
> I've only seen 1 exception to that rule, and that is whenever we delete,
> and then re-add our tape library (quite often under 7.4.4.).
>
> That's been my experience.
>
> David M. Browning Jr.
> IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk

These are tapes that go from library to rack, then rack to library, only.
I don't specifically change the location for them (although I do for
clones, using mmlocate, but that's a different pool, etc.). Their location
field goes blank when they come out of the library and their slots are
reinventoried with new contents, but that's done automatically by
Networker.

Hmmm... maybe before I load any recyclable tapes I should preset their
location to the library?

Thanks