Networker

Re: [Networker] Force Networker to trust barcode label?

2009-03-30 11:17:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Force Networker to trust barcode label?
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:12:43 -0500
If you have updated a location with say "offsite -xxxx", and then put it
in the machine to inventory, it will force the verification.   We have
to run around and remove the offsite location when it's time to re-use
the tape.   Either that, or wait 30 minutes while the library loads and
unloads each tape.

I've only seen 1 exception to that rule, and that is whenever we delete,
and then re-add our tape library (quite often under 7.4.4.).

That's been my experience.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk