Networker

[Networker] Tape Labelling Issue

2009-03-30 10:53:56
Subject: [Networker] Tape Labelling Issue
From: tkutil <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:44:34 -0400
I have not been able to label more than 2 tapes at a time for a while now and
have just been living with the problem. I was wondering if anyone has
experienced this problem before. I cannot attribute this problem to any
significant change in the system since it existed before my latest upgrade to
7.5

If I select more than 2 tapes in the gui to label the 3rd tape will always fail
and it almost looks as though Networker thinks the 3rd tape label already
exists, but from the error it also looks like Networker did not increment the
tape label number. The error below shows this.
Daily.0212 was the 2nd successful tape to be labeled and should have labeled
the 3rd tape as Daily.0213.

cancellation: none;
completion code: ;
error message:
Duplicate volume name `Daily.0212'. Select a new name or remove the original
volume.;
last update: "Mon Mar 30 09:27:17 2009";
messages: ;
name: HP SureStore 8;
operation instance: 30;
operation source: GUI jb op;