Networker

Re: [Networker] upgrade to 7.5 services issues

2009-03-30 10:44:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] upgrade to 7.5 services issues
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:38:19 -0500
Hello,
Would a clean install be an option for you  ? it appears something is
corrupted with the server or networker, do you have time to rebuild the
server and re-install, this time take a snapshot before you put networker
on the server, that way if you run into issue you can rool back without
rebuilding.
And make sure you have fresh installation media, perhaps even download
again from powerlink and make sure your download is without errors.
Thanks

craig yurchison <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
03/29/2009 06:17 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
upgrade to 7.5 services issues

I don't see any error's in the application event viewer the only thing I
notice is when I restart the networker service, it runs through indexing
all the clients and when it is done, the service shut down.  My system has
4 gigs of Ram on a dual dual core proc dell 1850 pe.  I am still trying to
read the nsr logs.  Running the console from a different pc still has the
same issues.  The issue still remains that the services shut themselves
down at will.

|This was sent by craig.yurchison AT FISERV DOT com via Backup Central.

type