Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato Loses Location

2009-03-27 09:51:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato Loses Location
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:46:11 -0400
I've not come across locations being unset.

If "deleting a tape index" you are selecting a volume on the volumes
window and then deleting it, then the behaviour your seeing is correct.
Networker has removed all idea of that tape from the current view to
reinstate it you will need to inventory it. If you are using a direct
attached SCSI library then there will be a slot with a "-" in it just
inventory that slot. If you are using a silo then inventory the volume
name you just removed.

We use recylce to/from pools on all pools (and when using 6 even the
default pool! ) and don't see this causing problems.