Networker

Re: [Networker] Licenses for restore

2009-03-27 09:32:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Licenses for restore
From: Ed Shipe <ed AT EDSHIPE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:28:45 -0400
Assuming this is a medium to long term thing, you'd really need at least a
Networker server license and one for the autochanger.

As someone else posted, Networker will restore without licensing, but it will
require you to manually mount each tape needed via some process outside of
Networker.  That may or may not be feasible for what you are planning.

Not sure on the fine print aspects - restore without license would seem to be
intended to be a last-resort DR function, not a realistic production solution.

-ed