Networker

[Networker] Failed Automatic Clones Result in Volumes Marked Full

2009-03-19 20:22:23
Subject: [Networker] Failed Automatic Clones Result in Volumes Marked Full
From: JGillTech <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:16:07 -0400
I am running NW 7.5 on Windows 2008... suffering the woes of being an early
adopter.  I run a weekly group with an automatic clone for offsite backup.
Sometimes, a random error will occur during the clone operation, which will
cause a volume to be marked full prematurely.  The clone is then continued onto
another volume.  Sometimes another failure will occur, spanning the clone onto
yet another volume.  I may have two volumes with 20-30GBs and a third with the
final 300GB.

How can I repair this?  Basically I need to clone multiple volumes onto a
single volume and avoid the creation of another ssid/cloneid or "expire" the
original ssid/cloneid of the clone instance and create another on the new
volume.  Further, I would like the merged volume to expire at the same time the
orignal (if the operation was successful) would have expired... so in this case
42 days from today.

Any advice?