Networker

[Networker] BCV backup problem

2009-03-19 04:38:23
Subject: [Networker] BCV backup problem
From: jean-marc VM <jm.vanmillon AT CRELAN DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:28:16 +0100
We have an AIX HACMP cluster made of 2 physical node running each one a
ressource (ip address + disks).

Physical node : hn291 & hn292
Ressource name : hn491 & hn492

We have a backup running each night on both physical and ressource name
with an "all" saveset.

So,
For the physical node backup, legato backups the local disks. It doesn't
backup the SAN disks.
For the ressource name, legato backups the SAN disks. It doesn't backup
the local disks.

How does legato know which particular filesystem belong to the physical or
the ressource?

I'm asking this question because legato is wrong on a particular
filesystem. I can't backup it under the ressource name but i can under the
physical name.
So, for now, as long as my cluster is in its normal state,i've a backup
... but if my physical node crash, my backup will be KO (unless i made
some manual change in legato).

Here is the log:

NetWorker savegroup: (alert) DWHBCV completed, Total 2 client(s), 1
Failed, 1 Succeeded. Please see group completion details for more
information.

Failed: hn491
Succeeded: hn291

Start time:   Thu Mar 19 08:58:44 2009