Networker

[Networker] disassociate/migrate clones

2009-03-16 02:55:29
Subject: [Networker] disassociate/migrate clones
From: kit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 02:48:59 -0400
You cant Alan. They are the same saveset/ssid held on different volumes.

What you can do is:
1: If you want the rentention time to be correct on the saveset, leave the
retention time as you have, watch the non-7year tapes its on and when it is the
only saveset holding them from recycling , label those tapes. It is important
to label them, not mark them as recyclable. OR use nsrmm with an ssid/cloneid
combination to delete the knowedge of the ssid/cloneid you dont want from the
media index.

2: Set the retention period via the pool, not the saveset,  thus other pools
with the saveset on will recycle correctly ** but the override on the 7 year
pool ensures they stay for 7 years.

3: Use nsrstage to clone it from tape/pool to tape/pool. It wont be able to
remove it from tape but it will delete the source ssid/cloneid from the media
index. This assumes you no longer want the source saveset.

(** If your not bitten by the recycle bug that does not recycle correctly when
pool retention is used. My 7.3.3 solaris install did not experience this bug
and the pool method worked fine.)

Regards

Kit