Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker licenses

2009-03-13 15:14:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker licenses
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:10:06 -0400
> From: "Skinner, Alan C Mr CTR USA IMCOM" <alan.skinner AT US.ARMY DOT MIL>
> Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:22:25 -0400
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker licenses
>
> I am running into the same issue but with the SQL licenses. I did what you
> said and I have freed up a license, so how do I get my new SQL client to pick
> up the now available license.

To free up any license on NetWorker, you need to delete all its metadata
from the media and client file  indexes. With regard to Exchange enablers,
there's a bug that I have seen where an Exchange enabler might not be
recognized. Upon searching through PowerLink, I found a solution whereby you
delete the license enabler (make a copy first), then shut down the NetWorker
server, and put back the license enabler.