Networker

Re: [Networker] Test environments, etc. (used to be verbose output)

2009-03-12 21:31:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Test environments, etc. (used to be verbose output)
From: Stan Horwitz <stan.horwitz AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:21:03 -0400
On Mar 12, 2009, at 9:35 AM, Teresa Biehler wrote:

Yes, for this upgrade we had a limited test environment.  Our problems
since the upgrade have centered around interacting with the tape library
(we don't have a second tape library for test) or with some client
completion information. For each change we make in production, we have
to document the risk/impacts of the change.  Here are the identified
risks for the initial upgrade to v7.4.x (initial because we upgraded to
v7.4.2 and then to 7.4.4):

My test environment is the others on this list who precede us here with deploying new NetWorker server versions. I have requested a test server environment for years and it never gets funded. Sigh!