Networker

[Networker] cannot recover as normal user on Solaris 10

2009-03-09 21:32:57
Subject: [Networker] cannot recover as normal user on Solaris 10
From: Nick Tan <nick AT WEHI.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:28:54 +1100
Hi all,

I've recently installed a Solaris 10 10/08 system using ZFS as the root filesystem. On this system, a non-root user cannot run recover as it gives the following error:

6473:recover: /tmp/: Permission denied (has acl)
6555:recover: <return> will exit.

This happens on any directory, including the user's home directory. This user has permission to write in /tmp as well as its own home directory so I'm not sure where its getting the Permission denied from.

Does anyone know how to solve this? My other (older) solaris 10 machines using ufs as the root filesystem don't display this behaviour.

Thanks,

Nick

--
Nick Tan