Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux / Qualstar / AIT-5

2009-03-08 22:31:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux / Qualstar / AIT-5
From: Charles Weber <chaweber AT gmail DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 22:27:24 -0400
Are you sure the problem is AIT?
As I recall Linux 2.6 kernel on RH/CentOS/Fedora changed something in
SCSI so that any operation on Legato < 7.3 took forever and often timed
out. I was bit by it and definitely saw comments about it in legato list
so you should be able to search.

I had 2 qualstar SAIT libraries on CentOS and moved from 72-73-74 with
no problems. I think I had to wait on 7.3 before I could use the 2.6
kernel.