Networker

Re: [Networker] Command for recovering

2009-03-03 08:09:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Command for recovering
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 08:07:36 -0500
> From: kurianv <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
> Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:30:14 -0500
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: [Networker] Command for recovering
>
> can any1 give me the command for Networker 7.2 / windows for recovering a
> particular file from a saveset to a particular location.
>
> Specifically the file which is to be recovered is on a mapped location in a
> client which is backed up seperately wholly as a saveset and it has an SSID ?
>
> actually iam getting confused while loking in the command reference
> guide..thtswhy i asked ....

You can open up a terminal session and type "recover" then if you type a
question mark at the recover prompt, it will give you the different options
you can use to recover data.

For example, if I was on a client and I wanted to recover a file called
"important.data" in a directory called /mystuff, to a file by the same name
in /tmp on a Linux client, I would type:

Recover
Relocate /tmp
Add /mystuff/important.data
Recover
Quit

Note that it should all be typed in lowercase text, but my email software
wrongly converted the first character on each line to uppercase.