Networker

[Networker] Upgrade to LTO4 library, opinions about these libraries ?

2009-02-20 06:49:40
Subject: [Networker] Upgrade to LTO4 library, opinions about these libraries ?
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:47:27 +0100
Hello,

We're evaluating different offers por changing our old library (a Qualstar TLS6460 with 60 slots/4 drives SDLT320) to a new LTO4 library with FC interfaces.

Our initial idea is to connect the library (i.e. its 2 initial LTO4 drives) directly to the server using a dual channel HBA interface, but we are evaluating the connection to our SAN too (for having some hosts direct backup to the library like storage nodes).

We have different offers by our providers and we would like to hear your opinions about these libraries (support, problems, evolution, etc.):

* SpectraLogic Spectra T120 (30 slots, 2xLTO4,
* Quantum Scalar i500 (41 slots, 2xLTO4, I/O magazine 6 slots)
* Dell PowerVault ML6010 (41 slots, 2xLTO4, I/O magazine 6 slots)
* Sun StorageTek SL500 (30 slots, 2xLTO4, CAP magazine 5 slots)

Thank you very much!

--

o o o  Manel Rodero Blánquez             | LCFIB - FIB - UPC
o o o  IT System Manager                 | Campus Nord - Modul B6

       manel AT fib.upc DOT edu                 | Tel: +00 34 93 401 0847
       http://www.fib.upc.edu/           | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040