Networker

[Networker] adjusting to NW 7.4.x

2009-02-18 10:05:13
Subject: [Networker] adjusting to NW 7.4.x
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:03:07 -0500
We've taken the plunge and upgraded from v7.2.x to 7.4.x.  We're still
getting used to the new interface, etc., that came with the new version
and figuring out how to "translate" common tasks (or troubleshooting
tasks) to the new way of interacting with the NetWorker server.  In the
old version, there used to be nsrexec processes on the NW for each
saveset that was backing up.  If there was a problem, these processes
could be killed.  How do we do the equivalent in the new version?  How
do we kill/cancel a single session with the new version?

Thanks.

Teresa