Networker

Re: [Networker] Probe Job Unrecoverable failure

2009-02-16 14:33:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Probe Job Unrecoverable failure
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:31:22 -0600
Hello,
You may have resolved your own issue, by restarting the networker
deamon\services, typically, the error is associated with failure to
resolve name correctly, to which networker is heavenly dependent on.
HTH

"Prakash, Div (GE, Corporate, consultant)" <div.prakash AT GE DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
02/16/2009 01:10 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"Prakash, Div (GE, Corporate, consultant)" <div.prakash AT GE DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Probe Job Unrecoverable failure

Hello Everybody,

I am new to networker environment, I want to know the why this error
"Probe job had unrecoverable failure" is generated by Legato Networker,
One reason I have found is when nsrexced daemon is not running on the
client. Somewhere I have come to know that /nsr/res/servers file should
have the entry for the networker server, other wise this error will be
generated. I have tested for both, but later one not generated the same
error, when I removed the entry for Networker server entry from the
client /nsr/res/servers file. Infact it completed the client backup
successfully.

Can any one advice me on this issue...keeping on networker version in
mind.

Thanks in advance.

type