Networker

[Networker] Newbie question: Networker 7.1.4 - scanning in tapes?

2009-02-06 17:11:35
Subject: [Networker] Newbie question: Networker 7.1.4 - scanning in tapes?
From: lupin the 3rd <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 16:39:38 -0500
Hello all,

I am rather new to EMC Networker.  I have Networker 7.1.4 running on Windows.
I have an ADIC Scalar 24 tape library.  They are connected via 2Gb Fibre
Channel through a Cisco MDS 9216i.

Here's what I need to accomplish: I have a set of 14 tapes that contain data.
These tapes were created at a different location, but using the same setup
(i.e. Legato 7.1.4 on Windows and ADIC Scalar 24).  Now I need to restore this
data using my equipment.

Am I correct in assuming that the first thing I need to do, is to scan in /
index these tapes?  I don't see any way to do this through the GUI - can it be
done through the GUI?

If the command line is required, here are the commands I think I need to run.
Are these correct?

sjimm [email protected] slot 1 drive 1
scanner -i \\.\Tape0
nsrjb -HEv

This should load a tape from slot 1 into drive 1.
Then scan in the tape to create indexes
Then eject the tape back to it's original slot (is there a better way to do
this than the nsrjb -HEv command?

As you can see, I am rather new to this.  Any help you can provide is greatly
appreciated!!

Thanks,
George