Networker

[Networker] Volume based Cloning

2009-02-05 09:12:31
Subject: [Networker] Volume based Cloning
From: anandhg <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:07:34 -0500
My setup is, I have a Nwr 7.3 with EDL in production site. In have another EDL
and a PTL at the remote site(DR). All the 3 tape libraries are configured to
the same Nwr server. I am performing a save set cloning (using nsrclone cmd)
from the prod EDL to DR EDL. I am planning to clone from the DR EDL to the PTL
(in DR). The requirement is to have data in EDL for less retention and the same
data will have more retention in the tape.

>From the prod EDL to DR EDL, I will do a saveset based cloning. For cloning
>from DR EDL to DR PTL, if I choose save set based cloning, then the data would
>be read from the prod EDL insted of DR EDL. What if I do a volume based
>cloning from DR EDL to DR PTL, will Nwr still do cloning from prod EDL to PTL?
>as cloning goes by saveset level.

Is there any other approach?