Networker

Re: [Networker] Confirming an nsradmin query (attribute update)

2009-01-29 05:11:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confirming an nsradmin query (attribute update)
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 05:08:59 -0500
It looks good to me, Tim. The only thing I'd do is add a semicolon at the
end of the "update ..." line.

You might want to test it, though: Create a group and add one client to it.
Run the command against that group and check it after you're done. Then
blast the production group.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 05:09:01 -0500, tkimball
<networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM> wrote:

>Seeking a quick confirm / sanity check, as I'm getting better at nsradmin
but don't want to blast the wrong client configs.

>I've got a bunch of clients (associated with a group) that need to have the
'remote access' setting changed to a new/different list.

>In looking at the various manpages, I believe the query should look
something like this:

>. type: nsr client; group: sybase
> update remote access: "host=recover1, host=recover2"
>
>I'm OK with blasting the existing remote access list (some of the older
clients reference shutdown 'recover' hosts), but for *that* group only.  I'm
using the host= format (aka any user at host) since these are dedicated
recover hosts, and I need to allow our Ops folks to do saveset recoveries
from them.