Networker

Re: [Networker] Probe job had unrecoverable failure(s)

2009-01-26 15:39:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Probe job had unrecoverable failure(s)
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:33:54 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of psoni
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 2:29 PM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

One of the backup group failed yesterday with the error.

"Probe job had unrecoverable failure(s)"

It was working fine before.

I also checked forward/reverse DNS lookup for the server and client.

Any idea ?

Also I creatred new savegrp failure notification with the following
details.

smtpmail -h <smtp_host> -s "Subject" recipient

But id didn't work. Is this the correct syntax ?

I am running networker 7.3.3 on windows server 2003
Is there any way to test notifications ?

Thanks in advance

----

I also have a client throwing the "Probe job failure" error, but I have
not yet had time to troubleshoot it...

As for the smtpmail, you could always just test it from the
command-line. (Or just abort a test backup?)...

(You can get the syntax for it by running the command "smtpmail" with no
args)...

Regards,
Jamie