Networker

[Networker] How to back up data that is being load balanced

2009-01-22 10:31:43
Subject: [Networker] How to back up data that is being load balanced
From: Matt Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:28:32 -0500
We have two servers that both point to one physical location on a SAN and
they share the same data. When we run our backups against these servers we
get the data from one of the servers but the other one says it cannot get
the load balanced data. Both servers are running Windows server 2003 and we
have  Legato Networker 7.1 Power Edition. Just curious if there is any way
to get it to not show as a failure in the report? Would rather not make an
exclusion for this since the other server might go down and we would need to
get the data from the secondary server. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
--
Matt Powell
mtpowel AT clemson DOT edu