Networker

Re: [Networker] Cannot Label Tapes / Networker 7.4 SP4

2009-01-22 10:27:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cannot Label Tapes / Networker 7.4 SP4
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:25:16 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
01/22/2009 10:06:42 AM:

> I've never used the HP driver, but the important thing is not to use
> the Microsoft default driver. Where did you get the HP driver?
> Normally the HP driver install kit only works with HP libraries, but
> I may have missed something last time I looked.

The hardware is a HP StorageWorks 1x8 G2 Autoloader. 8 slot LTO-3
autoloader.

Driver is "hplto.sys". Version 1.0.5.2.

One is running Win200, other one is Win2003. No problems. The Win2003 has
been running since March, 2008; the Win2000 since Dec, 2008. I'm trying to
recall if I actually loaded any software that came with the library or
not. I do have the HP TapeTools utility installed on both; perhaps it came
with that?

Either way, I've seen no problems. I have another site that has a single
internal LTO-3 drive, also from HP; also no problems.