Networker

Re: [Networker] Cannot Label Tapes / Networker 7.4 SP4

2009-01-22 10:06:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cannot Label Tapes / Networker 7.4 SP4
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:59:04 -0500
> Matthew Huff wrote:

> > 3) If you are using LTO tape, download and install IBM's LTO tape
> driver. Read the instructions and especially the readme.txt
> >
> > http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?

rs=543&context=STCVQ6R&dc=D430&uid=ssg1S4000189&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

I use LTO3 autochangers at a couple of my remote sites (these are 8 tape
LTO3 autochangers), and are HP StorageWorks devices. They work fine
without the need for the IBM tape driver (I'm guessing you meant to use
that tape driver for any LTO3 tape drive, regardless of manufacturer, or
did I miss something earlier in the thread?)