Networker

[Networker] NDMP Schedling

2009-01-19 18:18:13
Subject: [Networker] NDMP Schedling
From: Sid Martin <swmartin AT LINK DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 18:14:13 -0500
"Level backups serve as checkpoints in schedules because they collect all
the files that have changed over several days, or even weeks, into a single
backup session." (a level 1 acts as an incremental as it records all
changes every night. This provides 1) faster backup, 2) low load on server
and 3) uses the least volume space. The issues are 1) slow recovery 2) data
can be spread over several volumes (each level 1 since last full).

We have 2500 users and most recoveries are for files/file sets over 1 month
old. We keep snapshots for a couple of weeks and most data is found there.
We have no complaints and all is well..