Networker

Re: [Networker] Disable CDI for EDL Drives

2009-01-19 11:51:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disable CDI for EDL Drives
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:50:06 -0500
> From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
> Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:46:50 +0000
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: Re: [Networker] Disable CDI for EDL Drives
>
> Chester Martin wrote:
>> Sweet, that's the command I was looking for, thanks..  :-)
>>
>> Is there a way I can run it against a particular library?
>
> Yes you can match the parent jukebox attribute in the query.
>
>> EMC said that CDI should be disabled on virtual libraries, but not on
>> physical.
>
> Interesting. What version are you using? I had a problem with CDI on an
> EDL with 7.4.3, but was given a patch which fixed it. It is now working
> fine with CDI switched on.

Not having an EDL or anything like it on my site, this discussion has me
curious. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the CDI feature simply enable
NetWorker to do on demand tape drive cleanings? Right? Perhaps this is a
silly question, but why would a disk-based backup device care about tape
cleanings in the first place, or am I missing something?