Networker

Re: [Networker] VCB + NetWorker 7.4 "TCP [443]: logout"

2009-01-19 10:00:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] VCB + NetWorker 7.4 "TCP [443]: logout"
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:58:48 -0600
Hello,
If i understand your issue correctly,
You do need
Remote user account for VCB ( VCenter) specified & password.
Backup cmd should be save_vcb.bat
proper saveset defined
Optional: VSS:*OFF  ( VSS-App & Module)
This is from 7.3.3, with higher versions, a slightly different approach to
define VCB backups & subclient concept is introduced, however, the basic
setup as above still applies.
Most of it is described in the integration guide from vmware and Legato,
check on powerlink.
HTH

"Mohamad H. Sadik" <msadik98 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
01/19/2009 01:13 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"Mohamad H. Sadik" <msadik98 AT GMAIL DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: VCB + NetWorker 7.4 "TCP [443]: logout"

Hi,
>From the log you sent, I can see what the vcbMounter did, the logout
message
will be there when the vcbMounter finished it hob by mounting the
snapshot,
however you should look at another log file available under the
nsr/tmp/sec/sg/Group_name, the logs over there might gives more details
about the Networker process.
the one thing that i came across when setting up VCB and Networker 7.4.3,
which is not mentioned in the documanation of 7.4.3 is under the client
resource of the VM, the following attributes should be:

   - No Directives
   - I didn't have to put anything in Save Operations (like:vcb_save.bat)
   - Remote Access, you need to enter: system@Proxy_Host

I hope this might assist you in solving your problem

Regards, Mo

2009/1/16 LM <mikael.sjoberg AT iimnordic DOT com>

> Hello , This drives me insane..
>
> NetWorker 7.4.3 (Solaris 10) and a VCB proxy (Storage node with 4
> rd=devices , Win 2003 R2 SP2) .. the snapshots are taken and mounted on
VCB
> proxy server (vcbuser successfully mounts both ALLVMFS and *FULL*
> savesets .. but no backup's completes.
>

> Log from networker:
>

> savegrp: suppressed 2 lines of verbose output
> Volume 2 mounted at c:\mount\vmmachine01.company.com\digits\2
> (mbSize=61436
> fsType=NTFS )
> Volume 1 also mounted on c:\mount\vmmachine01.company.com\letters\C
> Volume 2 also mounted on c:\mount\vmmachine01.company.com\letters\D
> 2009-01-16 17:34:44.570 'vcbMounter' 5548 info Successfully mounted
> snapshot ssid:snapshot-3836 on mount point c:\mount\
> vmmachine01.company.com
> 2009-01-16 17:34:44.570 'vcbMounter' 5548 info Operation completed
> successfully
> 2009-01-16 17:34:44.570 'SOAP' 5548 trivia Sending soap request to
> TCP:vcbproxy.company.com:443: logout
>

> 2009-01-16 17:34:44.570 'vcbMounter' 5548 info Operation completed
> successfully ..  NetWorker marks the job as "State: Started" then It
times
> out after about 900sec.
>

> Any ideas are welcome iam kinda stuck!

type