Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup to Adv-file device

2009-01-15 05:10:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup to Adv-file device
From: Gerrit Sere <gerrit AT MILIEUINFO DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:57:44 +0100
Hi Ben,

After we changed to ADV file systems (6 volumes), we had the same problem. We use Solaris 10 with ZFS and set compression on. (Works very well) We don't use staging but cloning. Now we have 2 scripts. One for cloning and one for deleting old savesets. If you like I can send you the scripts. When one filesystems is getting full, I put it in Service mode. Read-only mode won't work because the file system is mounted.

Regards,
Gerrit

Fax : 02 553 02 14

Op 28-dec-08, om 12:22 heeft Ben Deng het volgende geschreven:

Hi everyone and Happy new year,

I've a frustrating problem with backup to Adv-file devices, I've 5
Adv-file device volumes with approximately 6TB in each. Every night the
backup groups will start and make backup to these volumes, but when a
volumes is full, the backup group will not switch to the next free
volume, it just hang there until I manually free some spaces. It there a
way to configure Adv-file devices to overcome this problem or is it a
Networker design flaw.

Regards,

Ben Deng

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or