Networker

Re: [Networker] Interrogate CAP of L700 via Legato?

2009-01-14 21:33:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Interrogate CAP of L700 via Legato?
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:32:43 +1100
te he. SmartMedia used to give this info.

The LCP in NetWorker is, I believe, based on the LCP from SmartMedia
I'll just go and wash my mouth out.Siobhán> Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:24:16
+1100> From: peter AT VIERTEL DOT ORG> Subject: Re: [Networker] Interrogate CAP
of L700 via Legato?> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> > The problem is
that networker *on Solaris 10* does not use the legato uscsi> module any more,
it uses the sgen generic scsi driver, this driver has> system calls which are,
at least by default, exclusive access only. Couple> this with the new style of
library management from 7.3 onwards where a> daemon keeps the connection to the
device open all the time when the device> is enabled and you can see why
sjirdtag may be blocked from working.> > So - what happens on legato 7.2, or
other operating systems, or different> HBA drivers, or even Solaris 9 is
completely irrelevant.> > The workaround of using nsradmin to disable the
jukebox isn't too clunky, it> does take longer by a few seconds - but once it's
buried in your scripts> it's not very intrusive.> > However - by far a better
solution would be for emc to replace sjirdtag with> a client executable that
could query the cap via the lgtolmd daemon, while> they're at it they could
make acsls, DAS, and sji libraries all operate the> same way transparently.
However either there hasn't been a clear enough RFE> lodged with EMC on this -
or they don't put much stock in people moving> tapes in and out of libraries
regularly, who knows. > > > -----Original Message-----> > From: EMC NetWorker
discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On> > Behalf Of Aaron
Sakowski> > Sent: Thursday, 15 January 2009 3:41 AM> > To: NETWORKER AT
LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> > Subject: Re: [Networker] Interrogate CAP of L700 via
Legato?> > > > What is the output of the sjirdtag command when it "doesn't
work?" Does> > inquire see the L700 tape library connected to the solaris 10
server?> > I've> > had issues in the past when I have the incorrect HBA drivers
installed.> > > > On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Rachel Polanskis> >
<r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT au>wrote:> > > > > On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Francis