Networker

Re: [Networker] Interrogate CAP of L700 via Legato?

2009-01-14 03:25:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Interrogate CAP of L700 via Legato?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:22:54 +0000
Rachel Polanskis wrote:

> has anyone using the L700 Library been able to interrogate the CAP to
> identify the contents?
>
> I have posted this before, but I was hoping enough users would have
> upgraded
> by now to see the problem for themselves and have a solution.
>
> Basically the problem is that the "sjirdtag" command on Solaris 10 does
> not work with Legato > 7.3.x
>
> So you cannot use the sjirdtag command in conjunction with a script to
> scan the Element status of the slots, drives and CAP of an L700 device.

I am using 7.4.3 on Solaris 10 and sjirdtag works.

The difference between this and earlier versions is that the nsrlcpd
locks the autochanger device, so you need to stop the nsrlcpd (by
disabling the jukebox in NetWorker) before you can run commands such as
sjirdtag and sjimm. It's a bit of a hassle, but it's not an
insurmountable problem.

I suppose it would be better if NetWorker had an intergrated facility to
interrogate the CAP rather than the sji commands which are sort of
outside of NetWorker, but hey ho.