Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrstage references non-existant file (staging stalls)?

2009-01-12 18:19:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrstage references non-existant file (staging stalls)?
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:17:17 +1100
On 13/01/2009, at 04:01 , Len Philpot wrote:

I've seen several instances over the past few weeks where staging from
disk to tape just mysteriously hangs, even with space available on the
tape (as I've posted here about a time or two). Looking at the processes,
I see this one:

/usr/sbin/nsr/nsrstage -d -b stage -m -S -f /nsr/tmp/NSRSTAGE_CMD. 5naOcL

Trouble is, /nsr/tmp/NSRSTAGE_CMD.5naOcL doesn't exist. I guess that might explain why it's stalled... Or not: as per its man page, -d tells nsrstage
to delete the input file, but does it do that before it even starts to
stage? I assumed -d meant to delete the ssid file once staging completed.
Does it read the file, delete it and then start staging?

Yes - the file won't hang around for the duration of the staging; nsrstage deletes it as soon as its finished reading the file and before it starts any actual staging operation.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog:

http://web.me.com/prestondeguise/nsrblog/Welcome.html