Networker

Re: [Networker] Media Loading in squence

2009-01-09 20:19:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Media Loading in squence
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:14:43 +1100
On 09/01/2009, at 18:24 , anandhg wrote:

I have a Quantum tape library and using Nwr 7.4. I have few new medias in the slots, say slot 1-5, in the same pool. When a backup is started which belongs to this pools, the media is used from random slots (1-5), Nwr is not using the media from the 1st slot, then go to 2nd media, etc. Is there a way to say Nwr to search media from the first available slot.

That's not the way NetWorker works when it determines which piece of media to use next.

If NetWorker has a bunch of labeled media to be used, it will always pick the piece of media that was labeled the longest period of time ago (this is what causes some consternation for disk backup units) ... obviously if there is media that has already been written to but is not yet full that will take priority, but if we're talking about a bunch of previously labeled but currently blank media, it will pick the "oldest" one.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog:

http://web.me.com/prestondeguise/nsrblog/Welcome.html