Networker

Re: [Networker] Separate Pools for Incremental?

2009-01-06 10:34:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Separate Pools for Incremental?
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 09:32:59 -0600
Hi,
Separating Pools may be beneficial especially with week media management
capability within networker ( Full cycle of Tape from onsite to offsite
and back). I realize that with Nifty scripting all of this could be
unnecessary, however, not everyone is familiar with scripting to a degree
to achieve this and the maintenance of them.
It may help to identify & remedy failed cloning, retention of media and
recycle process, i would recommend avoiding too many pools , create only
those are absolutely needed  to avoid wasting media and complicating
configurations.
HTH

Chester Martin <cmartin AT SPP DOT ORG>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
01/06/2009 09:23 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Chester Martin <cmartin AT SPP DOT ORG>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Separate Pools for Incrementals?

If you ever decide to have different retention times for full and
incremental backups you would separate them so you wouldn't waste tape
space, but if you don't plan on doing that you should be good with your
current config.