Networker

[Networker] 7.5 NDMP Problems

2009-01-02 09:28:23
Subject: [Networker] 7.5 NDMP Problems
From: tkutil <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:26:04 -0500
I belive my problems are solved thanks to an old posting from Matthew Huff!!! I
don't know why the backups broke after the upgrade but this is what made things
work again from Matt's instructions...

1) Setup DNS names for the 2nd interfaces. For example:

NetApp Servers

Host: netapp_a, IP: 10.1.1.1, backup interface: netapp_a_nsr, IP 10.2.1.1

Host: netapp_b, IP: 10.1.1.2, backup interface: netapp_b_nsr, IP 10.2.1.2

Server: legato_a, IP: 10.1.1.3, backup interface: legato_a_nsr, IP 10.2.1.3

Make sure that the names and IP resolve via DNS both forward and backwards

2) Save the client ids of the netapp servers in Legato and delete them. Re-add
them with the "netapp_a_nsr" name but with their old client_id. This will
preserve their indexes and savesets but will be configured correctly

3) Under the client properties in Legato, change the tab "Server
network-interface:" under Globals (1 of 2) to the "legato_a_nsr" interface

4) Change the "backup command" part of "Apps & Modules" to nsrndmp_save -P
legato_a_nsr -M -T dump