Networker

Re: [Networker] Auto Media Management Question

2009-01-02 08:40:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Auto Media Management Question
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 13:37:10 +0000
psoni wrote:
> Got your point but  this is what I can see under "Devices" tab via GUI
>
> SLOT #         VOLUME               BARCODE                   POOL
>
> 90                 000012L3             000012L3          < not in media
> 91                 000013L3             000013L3          < not in media
> 92                 000014L3             000014L3          < not in media
> 93                 000015L3             000015L3          < not in media
> 94                 000016L3             000016L3          < not in media
> 95                 000017L3             000017L3          < not in media
> 96                 000018L3             000018L3          < not in media
> 97                 000019L3             000019L3          < not in media
> 99                 000020L3             000020L3          < not in media
> 100               000021L3             000021L3           < not in media
>

> The volume column for nsrjb has barcode # followed by *
> For example,      000012L3*
>
> If I right click on the volume for labeling, the "LABEL" tab has " Bar Code
> Label " listed which I am not able to modify.
>
> You also mentioned that N/W should have automatically labeled any of the
> blank tapes if fails to find any of the half-full tapes in the appropriate
> media pool and/or recycled tapes.

These tapes are not unlabelled. A value is shown in the volume field,
therefore they are not unlabelled tapes. Either they have been labelled
on this server and since deleted from the media database, or used on a
different NetWorker server. Thus NetWorker sees them as foreign tapes,
but not unlabelled tapes, hence it will not label them using Auto Media
Management.

What AMM does is label tapes on demand that it believes to be blank -
this and nothing else.

You cannot of course change the barcode field in NetWorker, this value
is supplied to NetWorker by your jukebox.