Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.5 NDMP Problems

2008-12-31 11:17:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.5 NDMP Problems
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:16:05 -0600
Hello,
Are you using dedicated NIC from the Filer to run the backups ? is this
NIC's bandwidth monitored ? how big is the backup volume\qtree ? have you
turned on "ndmp debug 80" on the filer ? Did you get a change to compare
the backups log on the filer and legato for level 1 vs FULL ? what might
be the differences, at what phase of NDMP are you getting errors, this may
point you the  issue.
Try running this backup while no other activity is ongoing on the backup
server to isolate it, also run the cmd in bit more verbose mode.
HTH

tkutil <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
12/31/2008 10:06 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
7.5 NDMP Problems

The tape drive is local to the NW server and backing up over the network.
I had the time over the holidays and thought this would be a good time to
upgrade, and until now have had pretty good luck with upgrades.

I'm running this command for EMC tech support to provide more information.
I noticed that the FULL backups seemed to be running, but was hanging on
Level 1 backups.

nsrndmp_save -D9 -s [NWservername] -c mks00s01 -T dump -M -P 172.20.0.13
-l 0 -g Default -b "PoolName" /vol/SharedFolders/InfoSys > FileName

|This was sent by troy.kutil AT milwaukeetool DOT com via Backup Central.

type